Monday 21 December 2015

Day 13 Japan samurai skate Kumamoto to Aso

Day 12 Rest in Kumamoto

Day 13 Japan samurai skate
Kumamoto to Aso
Distance : 44km
Time on board : 3 hours 39 mins

Finally I, the Assoh found the Ah Soh in Aso. I could have actually taken the easier flatter but longer 77km route to kurume but decided to torture myself to go to look my buddy Joni in Aso. Aso is at the bottom of Mount Aso and its five peaks. It would be definitely uphill skate all the way for me and I chose it over the easier kurume route. Well I am sadist haha.
Though it is a short 44km skate but it is uphill all the way as I ascended from sea level to 600m elevation in the mountains. So I take a long time to reach Aso. My average speed is just 12kmh, considering I am pushing and paddling uphill all the way. It is not so bad as it seems, as it gradually climbs. Not the steep mountain pass. It is just long gradual climb, so I keep skating at slow steady pace, not to burn myself out. The view is breathtaking as the mountains of Aso appears on the horizon as I skate.
I was tempted to stop halfway and take the train but each time I reach a train station, I decided to go to next one, by then I realize I already reach Aso..

No comments:

Post a Comment