Sunday 13 December 2015

Day 4 Japan Samurai skate Onomichi to imbari

Day 4 Japan Samurai skate
Onomichi to imbari
Distance : 65km
Time in longboard : 3 hours 59 mins
Started out at 8am. We took the ferry from onomichi to next island to begin our ride. Today ride is crossing 6 islands and 6 bridges. Japan built a dedicated cycling track from onomichi to imbari, just like Korea. It is easier than Korea, as there is a blue line on the road, we just have to follow the blue line all the way. The ride is mostly flat except when approaching the bridge, there are steep slopes. We have to climb average of 1km at 3% gradient on each bridge. Today my partner had her luggage sent to our hostel, so she is carrying lighter load to climb these slopes. Going downhill is exhilarating for me. I control my speed with my Westssup pole. I think I can join downhill race of they allow me to use my pole. Since today path is smoother and less traffic, I skate way faster than previous day. We reach our hostel by 1.30pm. Time to reward ourselves with Japanese onsen.


No comments:

Post a Comment