Friday 10 June 2016

Patina de Santiago Portuguese Day 1 Lisbon to Santarem

Patina de Santiago Portuguese
Day 1
Lisbon to Santarem
Distance: 80km
Time on board : 5 hours 48mins
Searching for Santa Claus in Santarem. Began the day navigating my way out busy Lisbon. Managed to find a bike path from sta apolonia. Got a good 13km of bike path before entering N10 road with all fast crazy Portuguese drivers.
Relied on Google map to help me find secondary quieter road but often it leads me to cobble stone road or atrocious roads, which I end up walking. Got few lucky good quiet road. One of them lead me to German cyclist, cycling to Santiago as I do. Too bad he don't speak English or Spanish. I don't know how he survived in Portugal. Well that is the fun of it. Intro me a cheap albergue/ pilgrim lodging at 5 euros in Santarem.
Last 20 km become a climb and final 2 km is hell, Santarem is at top of hill. Met up with German cyclist again at albergue. Finally Got my Santarem stamp.







No comments:

Post a Comment