Monday 13 June 2016

Patina de Santiago Portuguese Day 6 Coimbra to Aveiro

Patina de Santiago Portuguese
Day 6
Coimbra to Aveiro
Distance : 62km
Time on board: 4 hours 11 mins
First day of raining in Portugal. Still it is a pussy rain, tiny droplets of water. Coming from a tropical country of Singapore where rain is a storm, this is nothing but a irritant.
After skating uphills for 3 days, finally I arrives into flatland. Once I reach Mira, it is coastal flat all the way. Facing Atlantic ocean, definitely I have to deal with wind. But it is still better than climbing hills
On flatland, I can skate at my usual speed of 18km/h, reaching my destination Aveiro just before lunch time, just in time for Euro match Spain vs Czech. Finally get to catch all 3 group matches. Hopefully, rest of the journey will be this good.
Aveiro is Venice of Portugal. With canals and gondura, it is a good town for stopover.

No comments:

Post a Comment