Saturday 11 February 2017

Day 1: The Beginning

Day 1
Malaysia: Belungkor to Desaru
Distance: 30km
Time on board: 2 hour 47 mins
The beginning of World Tour
My parents drove me to Changi to send me off. Met a lot of my cyclists friends who cycled to Changi as their usual routine and happened to see me.
Waited for my 2 female friends who are supposed to join me in today ride to desaru. Janice came punctual as usual, Yvonne was her usual late. As I had to rush off to catch 9.30am ferry to Belungkor, my starting point, I had to say bye to Janice.
Joining me at ferry were my LDP friends, Arthur , John and PJ. They skated with me from Belungkor to Desaru.
Though it is 30km ride to Desaru, but it is filled with rolling hills and heavy traffic on a single lane.
Road 89 is quiet with little traffic. With rolling hills, in midst of hills is long gradual down slope, which u won't feel it speed up until u realise it is too late to reduce speed. And Arthur paid the price, he tried to foot brake but it was too fast. He tumbled and rolled. End up with few abrasion. Lucky there was no traffic.
Turned left to Route 92. It turned into nightmare. Heavy traffic with no shoulders. Walked along the side when traffic got jammed up cos of us.
Finally arrived at Desaru 4pm, then drizzle arrived as well. Had sumptuous meal with lobster thanks to John and Arthur and PJ. Original plan was to camp at Balau. Just as my Trio left to grab cab to catch 6pm ferry, I saw Fatbikers KC and his friend Dave riding into Desaru. Shared a hotel room with them to get a first night comfortable rest.
Joined by KC and Dave the Fatbikers

The Send off Crew




John the "youngest" member of our Group

Farewell Dinner

Ah Te aka Arthur

PJ aka Pigeon

No comments:

Post a Comment