Wednesday 22 February 2017

Day 11-12 : Jelly Legs

Day 12: Jelly legs
Machang to Jeli
Distance : 56.1km
Time on board : 4 hours 9 mins
Cumulative distance : 699.3 km
Day 11- Machang
Got an upset stomach in the morning. Probably Karma for eating turtle eggs. Unable to ride with the guys to Machang and didn't want to miss our group, therefore, I hitch a ride to Machang to join the guys

Day 12 Machang to Jeli
Recovered from upset stomach, a day of rest really did me well. During the ride, met more friendly Malaysians along the ride. Passed by Tanah Merah. I am not in Singapore yet. Just another town of the same name. Ride was more rolling hills. Reaching Jeli inn, finally met another cycle tourist Matteo from Italy, but he is going in the opposite direction. Thierry and I felt good, want to ride more into the Jeli town so tomorrow we can ride lesser distance. Left Dave and KC at Jeli Inn, continued another 8 km more to Jeli.
Tomorrow will be start of 1000 m climb to Gerik and finally will have the opportunity to camp at the top of peak. Further more, it is the start of Tour de Langkawi. The pro cyclist will climb the route as us. Can imagine the looks on their face when I passed them on uphill on my board.
Too bad, 12 days of video are gone. Stupid SD card got damaged again. If anyone can fix the SD card, I will be eternally grateful.










Look at the amount of Waste

my fave Maggie Sup for lunch





Matteo from Italy


No comments:

Post a Comment