Sunday 12 February 2017

Day 2-3: Hills got no eyes

Round the World on Board
Day 2 -3
Day 2 Desaru to Tenggeroh
74km
Day 3 Tenggeroh to Mersing
58.8km
Cumulative distance : 163.5 km
Since met up with KC and Dave in Desaru, they are touring malaysia on Fatbike. Their speed are similar to mine, we decided to ride together. Dave is riding for a cause. He is riding for Bike 4 Alzheimer's disease.
Day 2 was triple combo for me, headwind, endless hills and Rough roads. I can deal with one or two combos, when all 3 comes, I am reduced to walking speed. Thank God, there is KC, he carried my backpack and at times towed me along with a makeshift rope.
At the same time, we had to deal with the rain. Whole journey was never flat, just endless rolling hills
75km at tenggeroh, found a homestay for 100 ringgit. It is good to travel with people , you get to share cost.
Day 3 Tenggeroh to Mersing
A short ride together with KC and Dave. But another 58km of endless hills and another day of pouring rain. At Jemaluang, 37km, I lost steam, and KC volunteer to carry my backpack on his fatbike. I don't know what to do if I haven't met them.
Lunch at Jemaluang, had Wanton mee. Carried on another 21km to Mersing to stay with my Warmshower host Mr Omar.


























Our Homestay

Friendly Uncorrupted Police

No comments:

Post a Comment