Monday 20 February 2017

Day 10: Kindred People

Day 10: Kindred people
Kuala Terengganu to Permaisuri
Distance: 67km (lost 2 km due to GPS signal)
Time on board : 4 hours 34 mins
Cumulative distance: 643.2 km
Started at 7.30 am with goggy mood, probably to fatigue from skating 600+ km over 9 days.
Dave brought us to Terengganu market where we bought turtle eggs, local delicacy to eat. It looks like ping ping balls, once bitten, york will rush to your mouth.
We began moving inlands, away from the coast, that means no more flat roads and back to endless Rolling hills. First 40km was a struggle, Didn't feel energetic. Once at lunch, we met a kind soul who paid for our lunch meals. That sort of gave me a boost. I lost few km skating due to lost GPS signal, so I reset the tracking. Last 25 km, I was blitzing through the rolling hills at 16km/h average speed with all climbing and downhill.
Along the way, many passersby gave me the wave, thumbs up or simple honk from vehicles. Boosted my morale. Pass by a rubbish storage centre and have photos with them. 2 beautiful malay ladies on motorcycle stopped me for a selfie and Hi Sham towed me along the hills for few km on his motorcycle. Even treated us to coconut drinks.
Kindness and friendliness of Malaysia really boosted my morale. That is the purpose of my world tour. To show people that the World is not that dangerous. There are countless of kind souls willing to aid you. Especially passing through Islam-majority nation, social media might deem them as dangerous places. On the contrary, they are one of the safest place to travel as you keep wits as you are travelling just as in any countries. At least I don't have to worry about Drunk Drivers on the road since alcohol is prohibited under Islam.
There are no Boundaries in the world, boundaries are made by Man to divide


Terengganu




Turtle Eggs


Oops i got towed along



Turtle egg

Sham who not only towed me and also treated us to Coconut



Another Kind Stranger who paid for our lunch



No comments:

Post a Comment