Monday 27 February 2017

Day 17: God is my Sponsor, onwards to Langkawi

Day 17: God is my Sponsor, onwards to Langkawi
Sungai Petani to Langkawi (via ferry at Kuala Kedah)
Distance : 72km
Time on board: 5 hours 10mins
Cumulative distance : 994.5km
After yesterday 100km ride, we overslept by a hour, woke up at 7am. Thierry continued sleeping while KC and I set off for breakfast. At coffee shop, the owner chatted with us and asked me who is sponsoring my expedition. Before I could answer, KC replied God is my Sponsor. That struck a chord with me. Every single day I get to ride, is a gift from God. God also sent so many angels supporting my journey along the way. Thank to all who donated to my cause, bought my tee shirt, sponsored longboard equipment and touring stuff. Or even those treating me to meals. You all are my angels.
Supposedly we are going on coastal K1 road, but I missed the turn to the bridge. Instead of backtracking, we continued on to Road 1, more direct but busier road. Until Gunung, it was just rolling hills but I am already used to such hills. Road finally flatten out and with wide shoulder lane, I am able to push with good speed.
At lunch, we switched over to K1, our original plan, the Village road. K1 is passing through paddy fields and so traffic is significantly lighter and smoother roads. By 2pm, thierry already arrived at Kuala Kedah ferry and took the ferry to langkawi while KC and I had to push 22km after lunch. At K1, I finally got to my zone. Smooth road and light traffic, I push paddle between 16-18km/h. Right leg is my power, left leg is my accelerator and paddle is to maintain speed. The rhythm goes, kick 4 times on right, paddle 4 strokes, kick 4 on left.
By 3.15pm, arrived at Kuala Kedah ferry to catch the 4pm ferry to langkawi. Caught up with Thierry and Dave in langkawi, Jewel of Kedah.
Shall chill for a couple of days after skating almost 1000 km in 17 days. From there, I catch another ferry to Satun, Thailand. For this, I shall conclude my Malaysia leg, but this is not the end. Thailand and onwards to the world.
All good things must come to an end. I enjoyed the company of our 4 Cabellos Dave, Thierry and KC.
Thanks Dave for being our local guide and advance scout for accommodation
KC for being photographer and my Safety vehicle. Always riding behind me, shielding me from traffic
Thierry for being my videographer and photographer and drafting vehicle.







































No comments:

Post a Comment