Tuesday 14 February 2017

Day 4 : the beginning of 4 Cabellos

Day 4
Mersing to Rompin, Pahang
Distance : 68.8km
Time on board: 4 hours 52 mins
Cumulative distance : 232.3km
Ditched my original plan to cross over to the west coast. Persuaded by KC and Dave to continue riding with them on the East coast. Since it is tough to find touring cyclists who can go on my slow pace, and it is great to have company along the way. They have been telling me, how a flip of coin that led them to me. Must be Fate. Bid farewell to my warmshower host Omar in the morning and join my fatbikers for breakfast.
Ride along the coast. Coastal wind just blew us aside. 10 km out of Mersing, we lost Dave. We waited at the T junction for a hour until KC back tracked to search for him but to no avail. KC figured that he got lost, turning into Route 3. So we followed on route 3, hoping to catch up with him. Before Endau, another endless series of rolling hills. I had my first fall, well just tumble. Fall nicely into my backpack. No scratches.
Rain played us again. When I put on my rain gear, it stopped. Arrived at Endau, failing to find Dave, we gave up and had Bak Ku Teh, pork ribs soup. Search for WiFi to contact Dave. Finally, he messaged he is on his way to Rompin.
Finally 26 km of flat roads, I was able to get into my rhythm of pushing both legs and paddling. Best skating so far this journey. Finally able to maintain average speed above 16km/h
Soon arrived at Rompin, spotted a French touring cyclist as well. Thierry joined us. Now, 3 musketeers become The Four Horsemen or 4 Cabellos. Found Dave at Rompin Beach Resort.


Meet Thierry our latest member to 4 Cabellos















No comments:

Post a Comment