Sunday 26 February 2017

Day 16: Change of Plans

Day 16: Change of Plans
Gerik to Sungai Petani
Distance: 97km
Time on board: 8 hours
Cumulative distance: 922 km
Thought that after Gerik is the end of the climb. No it wasn't. We had to climb another 50km worth of steep rolling hills to Kupang before we can enjoy flat roads once again.
Started riding out of Gerik in Fogs, just like in Silent Hill
At Hentian, Thierry and KC was ahead, so they went down to a river for swim. When I found them at the rest stop, Thierry couldn't find his phone and my Fly12 video camera. Oh shit. Thank god, after searching at river, he found them. He dropped them when he went for a swim. Close shave.
Lost Thierry and KC at Kupang, so I had laksa lunch on my own, only to find out 200m ahead, they were at another eating place.
Original plan is to sleep at Ketil. When we arrived at Ketil, Dave messaged me the change of plan. Dave couldn't find any quality guesthouse at Ketil, therefore he went another 20km to Sungai Petani. Me already skated 78km to Ketil, only to realise I have to skate another 20km to Petani. My food and water ration ran out. I always plan how much water and food to bring for the day's journey. A 2.5 litre water should suffice for 75 km. Another 20km means I have to top up my water supplies.
Continuing additional 20km on, was smooth newly paved road until the last 7 km, thunderstorm came again. Waited til the rain subside before making our way to Petani. Meet another couple of Malaysian cyclists touring around peninsula Malaysia as well but in opposite direction. Tomorrow we shall be in Langkawi, island famous for duty free goods.

Tapir - Got to catch em all

Laksa - different from Singapore version

Cow

Foggy - Silent hills




Deer 










Uber Towing







Another Round Malaysia Cyclist

No comments:

Post a Comment