Thursday 2 March 2017

Day 20: Sleeping with Buddha

Round the world on Board
Day 20: Sleeping with Buddha
Thailand: Satun to Thung Wa
Distance : 78.7 km
Time on Board: 5 hours 14m
Cumulative distance: 1084.5km
Forget Thailand time is 1 hour ahead of Malaysia, woke up rather late. Got quick breakfast at 711, and moved off. First thing i immediately noticed is the consistently smooth roads and Wide shoulder lane. What a vast contrast from Malaysia roads. No wonder Flo from Just a couple of Spins can do 120km per day in thailand. By noon, i already hit 50 km. Just 25km more to Thung Wa. Since plenty of time to spare, i took nap at lunch place.
Another thing is though i am in Thailand, locals still speak bahasa melayu, Malay language together with Thai language. I looked lost when they speak Thai to me, then they reverted to bahasa melayu, i can communicate with them in my simple broken Bahasa. You see, boundaries cannot divide us, though already in Thailand, things hasn't changed much. In South Thailand, majority are still Muslim and speak Bahasa.
At Thung Wa, visited Tha-on harbour with river view. Found a monastery and asked the monks whether i could camp here for a night. They readily showed me a spot. I think i can tour thailand by sleeping in temples. I don't have to worry about security. They leave me by myself quietly. Offered me food and water. Omg, i can live very cheaply in Thailand.








Hitting Hulk in his balls


Satun's On Guesthouse















Camping in Thung Wa Monastery



No comments:

Post a Comment