Friday 10 March 2017

Day 27: Logan, end of legacy

Day 27: Logan, end of legacy
Thailand: Bang Sawan to Surat Thani
Distance: 85km
Time on board: 5 hours 57 mins
Cumulative Distance: 1452.4km
Slept well in my hammock despite the dogs barking all night. Now after touring for so long, i am starting to dislike them, prefering pussies now. Had my cheese biscuits, really filling and tasty. Got off bang Sawan, and continued into road 44. Since there is palm tree plantation separating the dual directions, those motorists, not wanting to make a U-turn, started going in opposite direction into my shoulder lane. Pretty irrating as i had to look out for them.
Into 15km, road turned bumpy, my worst nightmare for several km. Still hurting from my sunburn shoulders, and facing an uphill, i succumbed to temptation, hitch a motorcycle ride up the slope, only to realise smooth road is just down that slope. If only i can bear a little longer, who knows. You are having problems, you dont know when it will ever end. Sometime it ends up ahead soon.
Continued riding, soon police car tailed behind me. They were encouraging me and taking photos. Thai police were very nice and friendly actually. Trying to uphold friendly road safety image in Thailand.
46km, passed a petrol station with food stalls, i immediately jumped at it for early lunch at 11 am. Who knows when is the next stop.
55km, passed another petrol station with 7-11. Took an hour nap from blitzering heat at 1pm. Back on the road at 2pm.
By 4pm arrived at Surat Thani. Checked into Capsule hotel. 120 baht from Agoda booking. A small capsule bed, wifi and warm shower is all I needed. No frills and cheap.
Found cinema that finally shows Logan in English soundtrack. I find it amusing, before the show starts, everyone must stand for king's anthem. I shouldn't say any further as criticising Thai royalty is an offence. Logan marks the end of Wolverine series, is rather different from most superheroes action film. Logan descipt how superheroes deal with old age and obsurity. I guess one day we will grow old and it is how we leave our legacy. I know what my legacy to be like.
Another rest day tomorrow
Another Friendly Highway Police

Surat Thani City Pillar Shrine




Finally Found my lost brother



I am on the way



Capsule Hotel in Surat Thani



Bang Sawan road




No comments:

Post a Comment