Saturday 11 March 2017

Day 29: Cheese Biscuit hunt

Day 29: Cheese Biscuit hunt
Thailand: Surat Thani to Don Khaw. Actually i dont know where am i
Distance: 84.7km
Time on board: 6 hours 2 mins
Cumulative distance: 1537.1 km
The hardest part of the skate is the start of the day. Forcing myself to get up from comforty bed just to push another 80 odd km, that is insane. Honestly, who would want to do that. Once i get on my board, all these feelings goes away and i am back to my zone. In life, the toughest part is always having to make the first step.
Had roti canal for breakfast and passed by Tesco lotus supermarket. Finally i got my Magic Cheese biscuit. Yummy and filling. Good for snacking during the breaks. I gave up on bananas cos down here, weather is too hot to store bananas on my pack, by the end of day, bananas turns out mushy. Hence i stick to cheese biscuit. Been searching for it over all 7-11 in surat thani.
Got off the main route 4 and goes on the secondary road 2007 to get out of Surat Thani city and connect to road 4112. Google map suggest a shortcut using an unnamed road, life is an adventure, so why not. You never know what road you going to get. Well it turns out to be potholes filled concrete road. Therefore i have to walk most of the shortcut, which mean it is not a shortcut to me. End of shortcut goes back to road 4112 hurray. Stop by a drink stall and the owner gave me 2 bottles of water. I only took 1 due to overweight backpack.
Road 4112 follows along the train track. At some point, i spotted another cycle tourer in the opposite direction. He is from UK and started from bangkok and going to singapore.
At 45km, stopped for lunch. Can't seem to communicate to the stall that i want glass noodle soup. She just made me maggie noodles instead. Oh well, just eat it. Google map suggested another shortcut and it looks good so i decided to take the risk again. This time, it is smoother than 4112 and without the traffic. Happily push paddled for 8km before connecting back to 4112.
My best part of the day is after 3pm. My speed seems faster despite the heat. I sort of know that i am reaching my destination, hence my morale boosted up and so i sped up. Pass by Wat Don Khaw but i headed to beach first before returning to the monastery to seek permission to hang my hammock. This time, i hanged my hammock outdoors so i can see the stars. Had two serving of pad thai rice for just 80 baht. Total expenditure today is just 206 baht. You do the maths.
Town of Bang Sai, in Chinese dialect means shitting



Another British cycle tourer












No comments:

Post a Comment