Sunday 12 March 2017

Day 30: First month of Voyage

Day 30: First month of Voyage
Thailand : Don Khaew to Thung Kha, outskirts of Chumpon
Distance : 87.9km
Time on board: 6 hours
Cumulative Distance: 1625 km
30 days has passed since i embarked on this voyage on board. It is my first full month of my world tour. Though i have been touring many places before, but those are short trips, longest is less than a month since my teaching job only allows a month in June and December. It felt different from now as previously i know i will return home at the end of it. This time round, i don't have certainity of tomorrow destination. What surprises await me. Life is a journey, not a destination. You don't know where you end up next.
Today mark my first month and i am starting to miss my family and friends. It is natural to feel that way. Back in Singapore or my short skate trip, i never really miss family. But after a long voyage, i am getting homesick. That is the one of reasons i embark on this journey. Only then i will appreciate my loved ones.
It has been weird day. Woke up really early at 5.55 am thanks to Dogs alarm. Packed up and left early before 7am so i can have early headstart, see whether i can reach Chumpon 100km away.
The 4112 road is quiet as usual and arrive 28km later at Lang Suan by 9.20 am. By 12 pm, i already reached 50km at Thung Tako for lunch. 40 baht noodle with nice presentation. I must say it is a good deal. Took a hour and half break at eatery before continuing my way. Passed by a watermelon stall and the owner bid me to pause. She gave me watermelon and water to quench my thirst. I accepted the juicy watermelon but i have to refuse the water as i already top up my 4 litres water supply at the eatery, no more capacity. Shortly, car slowed down and a lady passed me another bottle of water. Skating on the road, i cant refuse people's goodwill and took the bottle. At the pavilion for resting, a truck driver passed me a can of soft drink. Finally, a driver passed me 200 baht. I was stunned, no one ever passed me cash on the way. That is my daily budget for food and drinks. Though i am not a beggar, but i cant refuse another goodwill. The money can last me another day.
Camped at Wat Khao Din monastery, 13 km from Chumpon. This time, i am skipping the city and will pass through Chumpon for its golden coast of beaches tomorrow.

Another great camping ground in the monastery


the kind fruit stall owner who treated me to watermelons and water


500 km to Bangkok!




Thung Kha Bike Club


No comments:

Post a Comment