Wednesday 15 March 2017

Day 32: The final demise of my board and phone

Day 32: The final demise of my board and phone
Thailand : Ao Yai-i to bang Saphan Noi
Distance : 40km
Time on board: 2 hour 43 m
Cumulative distance : 1728.2 km
Woke up early to catch sunrise at Ao yai-i. Walked to the edge to catch the egg yolked sun while i had my cheese biscuit. This is the one of the moment why i wanted to tour on longboard. Beside the locals living here, how many foreigners managed to catch sunrise here. Probably only me, there were no accomodation for tourist around, unless you bring a tent.
As you already know my board already delamed on day 5, i managed to salvage by chopping it. I understand it will be a short while before it delams again, but i am hoping for it to last me to bangkok where i can wait for my family to visit me and bring my spare. Also, not only my board having issue, my ruggear phone us breaking down too. Though advertised as drop proof, water proof, but the screen cracked when i dropped it in malaysia. So called impact proof phone. Now it is giving me problems. Now will just buy a cheap android phone, even when it is spoilt, it is still cheap. No complaints.
28 km into the day, i can feel the board flexing and scrapping the floor. The most of stress on board come on rear. When i push mongo, i put all my weight on the centre. Probably also due to flex of the torsion tail i think might be a factor as well.
I am just 350 km away from Bangkok, so close yet so far. I can probably still continue if i only push on my goofy leg.
Hitchhike a ride to nearest train station Bang Saphan noi, only to realise there is no train to Hua hin. Then i took another bus ride to the bigger town bang saphan yai and the 2pm train is full. Therefore i must wait hours till 9 pm train. Now here i am, spending time in beach writing this journal.
But the journey doesn't end here. Waiting for my family to visit me in Bangkok and bring my spare board. Mean while i will spend my days in the beach of hua hin and roaming the streets of bangkok. Well skating 1700 km for a month, i deserve a good recharge.
I guess it says 370 km to Bangkok

Most Beautiful Sunrise in Thailand







Final Resting place of my board. RIP and thank you for carrying me





The kind Green Pickup who i hitchhiked when my board broke. 

No comments:

Post a Comment