Friday 16 December 2016

Tour de Taiwan Day 10 Kenting to Manzhou

Tour de Taiwan
Day 10
Kenting to Manzhou
Distance : 42km
Time on board : 3 hours 24
Two words: Bloody Wind
After 2 days of resting, my hand started to reduce swelling and my shoes fitted with Car Tyres for better footbraking, all thanks to Taiwan Famous Long distance skater Wu Meng Long and his girlfriend for taking care of me. So much that I almost didn't want to leave.
Finally, today is the day to set sail again, with Meng long joining me for part of journey. After some dily daly, we finally set off at 10am. We skated to southern end of Taiwan Elunbi lighthouse. By then we officially skated up north toward Taipei. That means headwind. Skating uphill against Gale wind up to 60km/h is no joke. Side Gale winds kept blowing me to the centre of the road, and keeping balance on board become top priority. Up till feng chui sha, Blowing Sand town, literally its name. Sand wind came blasting at us. At least, the view of the sea make it less painful.
We continued until Manzhou, where we treated ourselves to Pizza at Rock Garden, a friend of friend restaurant. By then we finished pizza, it is already 3pm. I am nowhere near my plan at Shouka mountain pass. By 5pm, it turn dark, I dun fancy my chance going into mountain pass in the dark. Decided to turn back with Meng Long back to his home. Damn I am never going to leave Kenting haha
Tomorrow he will drive me to the start of Shouka mountain pass, then I skate 85km to Taitung.
Pray for wind to subside.



































No comments:

Post a Comment