Sunday 18 December 2016

Tour de Taiwan Day 12 Taitung to Rui Sui

Tour de Taiwan
Day 12
Taitung to Rui Sui
Distance: 100km
Time on board : 6 hours 32min
If yesterday ride was a seductress, today is my one true love.
The headwind wasn't as strong as yesterday, allowing me to skate close to my usual speed.
After Taitung, entered into the East Rift scenery, meaning I am between the mountain ranges. Looking at left and right side, I have mountain view and rice paddy fields. From Taitung, started with a climb to Luye highlands. But without strong headwind, climbing became much easier.
Meet the elderly cycle tourist from China, whom I meet yesterday along the way, we rode together until Chi Shang, where I spilt into Mr Brown Ave, made famous by Takeshi Kitaro's Mr Brown coffee commercial. Being the weekends, there were hordes of tourists. They immediately recognized me when they passed me skating on the road earlier. I become the new attraction, everyone just want to have pictures with me. The Mr Brown Ave has bike path riding straight into the mountain range, making a scenic shot. Of course, I played a little, creating few shots on my own before going to lunch. Chi Shang is famous for its rice, everyone recommended me to try the Lunch Box.
Pushed on after lunch, is just another short 30km to Yuli. Apart from few climbs and small headwind, I actually felt pretty good riding on. At Yuli, Eurasian and Philippines sea plates bridge, met another cyclist Alex, whom I met in Kenting couple of days ago. He recommended me to Rui Sui, few km away, room with Hot Spring at the price of 500 TWD, 15 USD. But I wanted to try camping at the police station. At police station, I got rejected for camping, some one ever tried it successfully. I don't know. And the vicinity look dead with no food. Then I immediately thought of Rui Sui Hot Spring. Since it is already nightfall at 5pm, took a bus to the Hot spring hostel and enjoy warm hot spring.
Tomorrow I will bus back to where I finished and continue my journey to Hualien.




























































No comments:

Post a Comment