Tuesday 13 December 2016

Tour de Taiwan Day 7 Kaohsiung to Kenting

Tour de Taiwan
Day 7
Kaohsiung to Kenting
Distance: 101km Time on board: 6 hours 31mins
Started the day with an accident. Into 25km, crossing into pingtung county Bridge. Story cut short, wheel caught by a expansion gap, fell on my arms. Left hand bleeding and swollen. Skated on to find treatment, meet 2 guys doing their round Taiwan by walking. I thought I was the only crazy one. They helped me, cleaning my wounds. The store owner invited us inside, giving me further treatment. Now 3 crazy guys doing round Taiwan in a store. Thanks to Allen Hsu and zhu jia you for helping, and buen Camino.
Skating further on, stopped by Linbian police station. The police dressed my wounds, made me tea and water. My god, I must proclaim Taiwan police is the friendliest.
At lunch place, the store owner saw my injury and applied her home medicine. I can't say enough about Taiwanese people.
Everyone I passed by offered their help. Is only crisis I saw the kindness of Taiwan. Thanks to my injury, I got to meet 2 crazy round Taiwan walkers
Finally reach kenting, the southernmost end of Taiwan and met up with Taiwan famous long distance skater Wu Meng Long, former Guinness world record holder for 24 hours skate.
Have to rest a day to heal my injury then I will consider whether to skate on. Officially I have finished western half. Now the eastern half is where the real journey begins. Headwinds and mountains. Bye to tailwinds and flat land.
Do visit my friend bar in kenting































No comments:

Post a Comment