Saturday 17 December 2016

Tour de Taiwan Day 11 Manzhou to Taitung

Tour de Taiwan
Day 11
Manzhou to Taitung
Distance : 61km
Time on board : 6 hours 13 mins
I would describe today ride like seductress. She seduce you with her looks, subsequently drains your energy.
Original plan is to start from shouka and skate uphill and down to Taitung but my friend insisted on driving me to the bottom of shouka Nan hui gong lu. With the weekend traffic zooming around the narrow roads, he insist on my safety. Even with the flat road, the headwind suck every ounce of energy. My average speed is only 11km/h, comparing to West side 17km/h
When I say the ride is a seductress, the road snaking the pacific ocean, I can see the different shades of blue and gregarious waves crashing onto the empty beach. Yet the headwind though not as bad as yesterday, it stills suck off my energy. And it is not entirely flat, worse more, there is major construction along, building a major highway, leaving a single lane. I have to walk at times, not wanting to obstruct the busy traffic pilling up.
Meet few cyclists along the way struggling with the wind and hills. Finally arrived at Taitung at nightfall. Wanting to camp, realise I cannot tie my hammock with my injured hand, give up and found a hostel at the train station



























No comments:

Post a Comment