Sunday 11 December 2016

Tour de Taiwan Day 5 Tainan to Kaohsiung

Tour de Taiwan
Day 5 - 6
Tainan to Kaohsiung
Distance : 57km
Time on board: 3 hours 40
Survived the cold night camping in Tainan, prepared my down sleeping bag and my warm clothing in my hammock, this way I don't have to wake up in middle of night freezing.
Today is a short skate to Kaohsiung where I will rest for 2 days and stay in hostel to wash my clothes. After skating 3 consecutive days of 100km, now 50 km seems like a short distance to me.
Along the way, skated past Tainan's Golden coast. Meet a couple of motorcyclists doing round Taiwan like me but on motorcycle. Every few hundred meter, they stopped me for photos. If I charge every one for photo, it can cover my daily expense. Someone even invited me to their home when I finished my tour in taoyuan. I really love Taiwan friendliness and passion for travel.
Then followed route 1 into industrial area of Kaohsiung. Shortly by midday 1pm, I reach my hostel.
I like this distance 50-70km of touring. Got plenty of time to explore along the way and explore the city.
























































No comments:

Post a Comment