Thursday 8 December 2016

Tour de Taiwan Day 2 Hsinchu to Taichung

Tour de Taiwan
Day 2
Hsinchu to Taichung
Distance : 108 km
Time on Board: 6 hours 30
Last night didn't have a good sleep due to strong winds blowing my hammock. Started early and had my breakfast at 7-11. Followed 17 km of splendid coastline as they claim. It is really true to their name, really 17 km of splendid coastal view bike path. Route 1 then go on the 61 national highway. It is great that they allocated a wide lane just for motorcycles and cyclists. Had Tailwind all the way, I felt like I am riding electric skateboard, never had to push. Just paddling, I can speed at 20km/h and above. Make really good pace, so i decided to detour to visit Hao Wang Jiao, Cape of Good Hope. It was the right choice as I got to see windmills, the coast and top of hill view. Followed on Miaoli Bike path. Never underestimate Taiwanese Hospitality and friendliness. At lunch place, someone chatted with me and paid for my lunch. Three bikers along the route offered me water. And many drivers gave me encouragement.
Hit steady pace, thought I would reach my first Warmshower Host CK of Taiwan Biking by 4. Never thought Taichung is inside mountain basin. I had to climb up and down to arrive at my host home. By then, it is already nightfall.
Thanks to CK of Taiwan Biking and his wife for hosting me tonight.
Quote of the day
It is not about the destination, nor the journey, it is the people you meet along the way.




























No comments:

Post a Comment