Tuesday 20 December 2016

Tour de Taiwan Day 14 Hualien to Luodong

Tour de Taiwan
Day 14
Hualien to Luodong ( skipping Suhua highway, train to Luodong from Taroko)
Distance: 38km
Time on Board: 2 hours 38
Very short ride today cos I skipped Suhua highway to Yilan. Narrow lanes coupled with steep descent along the cliff and monster trucks carrying debris. Not a good idea to skate. As recommended by cyclists in Taiwan, you don't have to ride through SuHua highway to complete the round island, thus I heeded their recommendation.
Today rode to seven star beach in hualien to enjoy the ocean view and then ride to Taroko gorge. I only skate up the gorge for a while till Chang Chun shrine before heading to the train station to Luodong to stay with my 2nd warmshower host Ewam Lin who is kind to host me for the night. At Luodong station, a matured couple approached me, they actually land paddled or Ssup in Taiwan. The uncle made his own DIY sup bamboo pole and skate a longboard. In fact, his whole family skated as well. Omg, that is one cool family. I wonder if their daughter is still single hehe. Promised to skate with them in Taipei.
Tomorrow shall be the final day, I am so close to Taipei, completing the loop. But the final day poses the most challenging ride. I have to ride 2x500m mountain pass well known for its 18 hairpin turns. All the days I skated is just to prepare for tomorrow ride.
The Final Countdown











































No comments:

Post a Comment